Monday, September 15, 2014

HR: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

We've written in the past here about HR's dilemma with IT and other "technical" operations within most organizations. The two have not always seen eye to eye, and many technical candidates I represent tell me that HR doesn't "get" them, often misunderstanding key skills and background information in its role as gatekeeper.

In keeping with that discussion, I came across this infographic from SAP and NetBase that details some common things employees both love and hate about HR's role within their organization. Although the "love" list offers some nice things, I tend to think the items on the "hate" list are weightier as they more directly affect the flow of business. Either way, I think the infographic does a good job of showcasing the delicate balance that most HR staff play between serving as advocates for employees and as gatekeepers for the organization.
HR

No comments:

Post a Comment