Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Do You Want These Employee Perks?

In reviewing some material regarding employee benefits the other day, I came across this infographic from Who Is Hosting This? that details 7 "insane" employee perks at tech companies.

I found it interesting that Twitter prides itself on not tracking vacation time, stating that leadership thinks Twitter is such a great place to work no one will abuse the system (hmmm, of course, this is also coming from a company that despite all the buzz has struggled to turn a profit, so maybe the jury is still out on that one?).

 I also find the places that offer healthcare and barber shops on site interesting. But I'm not really sure I want to get my haircut at work, much less have my yearly doctor check-up in the office. (Call me crazy, but I kind of like the idea of "leaving" the compound for a while, and I have this weird thing about wanting to choose my own doctor [and hair stylist!].)

Perhaps the most appealing perk to me, though, involves the free meals. That does seem kind of nice. I mean...it would certainly be convenient, if not fattening, to have all that food free and ready for the consuming. (Who doesn't overindulge when the food is free after all?)

I don't know. Somehow when I read through this list, I can't help but hear my grandfather whispering in my ear that old saying: "There's no such thing as a free lunch!"
  employee benefits

No comments:

Post a Comment